[3830] ARRLDX SSB HC8L M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, leeson@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB HC8L M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:50:48 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: HC8L
Operator(s): W6NL, K6BL
Station: HC8L

Class: M/S HP
QTH: HC8
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:  263    55
   80:  537    54
   40:  531    56
   20: 1547    61
   15: 2181    61
   10: 1263    60
-------------------
Total: 6322   347  Total Score = 6,581,202

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had a great time in the Galapagos, marriage survived contest.  Thanks to all for
the Q's and especially for the courtesy to Barb as she learned to master working
and logging pileups.  Thanks also to the many who were generous in QSYing for
new mults.

At the end we heard some kind of bubble-machine QRM on 20 that sounded so funny
we could barely stop laughing and keep going.  Also, we could tell we we'd been
on plenty long enough when we'd step on the footswitch to talk to each other.

Station worked fine, except for a cow getting tangled in the beverage feed and
ripping it out during the second night.  Still love the 930's.  Next time a
voice keyer!

73 de Dave