[3830] ARRLDX SSB VP5B(K4ISV) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4cn@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VP5B(K4ISV) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:11:48 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP5B
Operator(s): K4ISV
Station: K4CN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Turks & Caicos
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  533    57
   80: 1002    59
   40:  902    59
   20: 2260    62
   15: 2118    61
   10:  333    52
-------------------
Total: 7148   350  Total Score = 7,505,400

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Everything worked well this year with the exception of 10 meter band and a
80 mtr antenna failure. Ten meters has normally been VP5B's best band, but
this year we saw many holes across the US. Signals heard were either really
strong from the hot spots or extremely weak. There were several states in SE
we never heard on 10.
We had continual high winds which caused the 80 meter vertical to fracture
just above 2nd guy set. Fortunately--we had 80 meter wire in place allowing
us to finish the night. Other than these two events-- all was well from the
beach on North Caicos.

Thanks for all the contacts!