[3830] BARTG Sprint HA6NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bato@starjan.hu
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint HA6NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 06:06:59 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: HA6NN
Operator(s): HA6NN
Station: HA6NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Salgotarjan
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  21    0
   10:
-----------------
Total:  21    0  Mults = 1  Total Score = 21

Club:

Comments:

Gentlemen,
I was just participating in BARTG RTTY Contest today, on March 20th, 2004 when
the Russian CW/SSB Contest began.
It made me impossible to gon on contesting in BARTG Spring RTTY Contest because
of the terrible QRM made by nearby and distant high power stations.
My I recommend to you -I mean BARTG- and RSGB to propose IARU to do something
against the growing number of contests.
There are now contests almost every day, even even every hour both on workdays
and on weekends.
Formerly I have been serving IARU Region 1 with the leadership of G3FKM and I
remember, we have tried to rule the number of contests and rationalize them
somehow.
The main problem I'm afraid is that in some countries radioamateur activity is a
kind of official sport, there are porofessionals, who are paid for their
achievements!
That's why there are so many active stations in certain countries -mainly in
Hungary.
Please write a recommendation to cancel the unecessary contests and organize the
tarditional contests only -clearly stating that amateur radio contests are not
organized for official sport activity an mainly not for those @sportsmen@ who
are paid for their activity.

Sincerely yours
Andras Bato