[3830] BARTG VE3NE M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3nz@pathcom.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG VE3NE M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:16:33 -0800
                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: VE3NE
Operator(s): VE3NE, VE3NZ
Station: VE3NE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 37

   80:   51    7    15
   40:  215   44    19
   20:  303   52    24
   15:  266   53    24
   10:   31   13     8
------------------------
Total:  866  169    90  Total Score = 1,344,210

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

We decided to try our luck in the "not-so-high" power MO1R category. TS-930 + PA
450 Watts max. Early morning hours were pretty slow both Saturday and Sunday.
This is partly because of the 30 hours rule for SO stations. On the other hand I
love the band changing rule for SOAB, it finally gives us M/S the upper hand on
SO2R guys. After all they are trying to occupy twice the bandwith than single
radio contesters, there should be a fair price to pay for that advantage.
Propagation was not too bad, we had JA pileup on 15 Saturday evening for almost
2 hors long. Sunday evening 15 was open to JA again, but not much activity, the
JAs were getting ready for Monday rat race instead. My personal high was on
Saturday morning working JAs on 40 - a first for me on RTTY.
This was our first time in this contest. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the
calls guys. Great contest, thanks to the sponsor BARTG.

73 Ben, VE3 Enzee