[3830] WPX SSB P43E SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, p43e@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB P43E SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:53:25 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: P43E
Operator(s): P43E
Station: P43E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ARUBA
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    2
   80:   22
   40:   68
   20: 1454
   15:  922
   10:  522
------------

Club:

Comments:

Hi all,

After moving to another QTH, it took 2.5 years before I finally have a station
again.  The station is not done yet, and basically just hours before the contest
did I have the low bands as well.  Adjustments still have to be made in the
coming weeks.

It's definetely been a lot of fun seeing so many of you again on the band. And
so many of you noticed that I was gone for a while.  WPX is always a favorite
contest of mine, and can't wait to the next one.

The first hours my fingers could not translate the calls well enough, but by day
2 it went much better, and I was able to get some nice pileups sustaining rates
of 160-180 for the hour.

The station experienced one very noticeable problem: interference with the
keyboard on 20m.  Will have to look for another one (the old model) and that
should solve the problem.  The rest can be attributed to my rusty operator
skills.

Antenna: TH7, and Alpha Delta dipole for 40-80-160m.
Radio: Kenwood TS870
Amplifier: Alpha 87A (only on high bands)

A big thanks to all the local hams (P43O, P43L, P43RC, P43M, and P43W) that have
spent countless hours and weekends working on the station.  From prepping and
erecting the towers, assembling and installing antennas, running coax, making
connectors etc, etc.  Thanks to all.

See you in WPX CW....  and Dayton...

73, 88,  Emily, P43E