[3830] GaQP N4PN Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, paulnewberry@myexcel.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP N4PN Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:57:42 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Rover LP
QTH: Various
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  698     82  CW Mults = 40  Ph Mults = 26  Total Score = 97,548

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Weekend started out bad in addition to it being Easter plus the very sad
goodby
to a good friend, Bill Fisher, W4AN.
I had planned to run counties in north Georgia having been in Forsyth county
for the service. However, just a few miles up the road to start in Lumpkin,
I ran into Dave, K4SSU and K5CE who were planning on running those counties
since Dave lives in Forsyth county. Had to make some quick plans after going
over the map with them. I headed East instead and started in Hall county. This
meant reprogramming my laptop for all new counties..
Everything worked out ok....considering Easter weekend and bad condx...
With a screwdriver antenna mounted on the trailor hitch and a hustler
on the top of my Blazer, I expected more curious stops by the police, but
only had one. I was in the middle of nowhere on a side road, when I heard a
motorcycle coming up the road. It was a county officer from somewhere. Told
him what I was doing (sure he didn't have clue) and off he went. On Sunday,
was pulled off the side of the road with my Rand-McNally, when a young man
stopped to see if he could help me with directions. I'm sure he was wondering
what in heck I was doing out there in the country on a Easter Sunday, since I
have Florida license plates on my car.
Lots of ole friends kept me going:  WA3HAE, K7OX, W6OAT, K0CIE, K5OT,
K5YAA, NF4A, N4IG, W9WUU, W1END, K8IR, W7OM, W0GXQ, K4MUT, K4XU, W9MSE,
VE3NBJ, AB7RW, K4LTA. OK1AOV, G3WPF, DL5MC, & DL6KVA.
Inside of the small front seat area was the following:
An ICOM 706mkIIG, MFJ989 tuner, a Dell Laptop, a DJ2BW programmable keyer,
(that was masking taped to the center console), two-way antenna switch,
decoder/switch for High-Sierra antenna, mike, headphone and bottles of
water and snacks....back seat full of rope, wire, tools, spare rig and
headphones, etc. There has got to be a better way to do this without
buying a motorhome....
Thanks for all of the contacts and see in the next one...Remember the FL
QSO Party coming up soon now....remember OJ/AN...
73, Paul, N4PN