[3830] EU Sprint SSB M0BBB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 5b4afm@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint SSB M0BBB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:07:25 -0700
                    EU Spring Sprint, SSB

Call: M0BBB
Operator(s): M0BBB
Station: M0BBB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cambridge, UK
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   41
   40:   92
   20:   67
---------------------
Total:  200   Total Score = 200

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

What an enticing contest! It certainly keeps you on the move. Had a great time
and came across many friends. This was only my second entry in this contest but
I am definitely hooked. Serial numbers seem to be getting higher each year and
participation from young contesters is especially notable.

Surprisingly, the dominant band in my log was 40m with 30% of the contacts being
made with German stations. I started looking for stations to call on 40m rather
early (1530Z first QSO) due to the poor performance on 20m. Throughout the
contest, 20m was a bad band for me and I had problems attracting stations to my
CQs even though I was using a Yagi (TH5@15m). I switched to 80m at 1808Z and had
a good rate for about 20 minutes while working all the new stations. The
inverted-V seemed to be working quite well on this band and having managed to
break through a few of the mini-pileups I ended up with the impression that I
was relatively strong on this band.

See you all in the CW leg.

Stavros M0BBB