[3830] JIDX CW W6YX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW W6YX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:42:19 -0700
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N6DE WX5S
Station: W6YX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:30

   80:   11    10
   40:  211    44
   20:
   15:
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  224    56  Total Score = 13,272

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I went up to the W6YX shack late Friday night to work T33C on 40m.  I heard the
JIDX contest on the air, so I decided to check it out.  Soon thereafter, I
worked T33C and almost headed home, but convinced myself to stay all night and
participate in JIDX while listening for T33C on 80m and 160m.  It was great CW
practice.  Several hours later when I was ready to go home, I realized the 40m
beam had been pointed at T33C the whole time instead of JA (a difference of
about 50 degrees).  DUH.  The additional dBs would have been very helpful
copying the lighter JA stations!

I got called into work on Saturday, and was an hour and a half late to meet WX5S
at W6YX in order to make some adjustments to my amplifier.  Matt made a couple
of Qs on 10m before I arrived.  Neither of us had a chance to jump in the
contest beyond that, so we completely missed 15m, 20m, and all of Saturday night
/ Sunday morning.

Thanks for a fun contest!

73...
-Dean - N6DE