[3830] FlQP W8MJ SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8mj@peoplepc.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP W8MJ SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:37:57 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W8MJ
Operator(s): W8MJ
Station: W8MJ

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

   40:   47      2
   20:  306    334
   15:   31      1
   10:
--------------------
Total:  384    337  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 67  Total Score = 296,140

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This year's running of FQP was certainly an "outstanding tribute" to K4OJ.  My
game plan was to buckle down in the chair, and give it an all out effort in the
memory of Jim.  From the activity over the entire weekend, I know he was smiling
down on us from above with that big wide grin on his face.  The mobile activity
was nothing less than steller?absolutely fantastic.   The mobiles indicating
mixed mode on their scheduled routes were very accommodating moving to SSB for
handing out the multipliers needed.    Great activity from mobiles, and
conditions on 20 meters seem to be pretty decent the entire weekend.  The
activity on 15 meters was about the same as last year.  The mobile pileups at
times were enormous, and it took me a while on some to even get recognized, and
the mobile activity was the best I have ever experience in my 4-year involvement
with FQP.  The Florida Contest Group did a superb job of putting this tribute
together recognizing Jim.

When the dust settles it will be interesting to see how the scores shake out on
this one.   A number of times when I would go to SSB for a contact, I could hear
WA3HAE right there in the background getting the same multiplier that I needed.
I am sure things will be close, and that's what really makes it fun?the
competition.

This was the first year I was able to make the county sweep on both modes.  A
big thanks goes out to Charlie, NF4A/M for giving me my last county on both
modes of HAM.  It was long and grueling, but well worth the effort, and another
best for me in FQP.  If we can have a repeat of this fine effort from the
Florida Contest Group again, next year should be even better.

The information below will show just how important the mobile activity was this
year.

Unique Calls = 296

Total Mobile Contacts = 336

Mobile/Portable Contacts

N4TO/M (44), K4KG/M (42), K4BAI/M (41), W5WMU/M (39), NF4A/M (34), N4KM/M (33),
NJ4M/M (25), N4BP (23), KN4Y/M (16), WO4V/M (16), N1XC/M (12), N4OO/M (11),
K8OSF/M (4)