[3830] FlQP K6LA SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K6LA SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:48:24 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

   40:   23      2
   20:  130     73
   15:   36     19
   10:
--------------------
Total:  189     94  CW Mults = 63  Ph Mults = 47  Total Score = 103,840

Club:

Comments:

Great job by the FL gang. I've never done a contest mobile, but it sounded like
a blast. The pileups were sometimes gruesome. With not a peep on 10 m and not
much on 15, I didn't have the chance to get a lot of casual FL ops.

I did have a funny pig farmer type incident. I was calling CQ FL on 20 phone. A
guy asks me if I knew who used to have K6LA. Seemed like a valid question and it
was asked in a manner that suggested this guy knew the former K6LA. I said I
didn't. He said "You should." I asked him if he knew who held it. He said I
should know. I said I wasn't sure it was ever issued before I got it. Then he
says, "Are you qualified?" I said, "Well, I have an extra class license." He
says, "but are you qualified?" At that point I suspect this guy is trying to get
my goat. I asked, "What's your point?" He says, "Can you copy morse code, do you
know the formula for resistance, etc." The light bulb goes on in my mind and I
say "Oh, you are one of those." That got his goat and he started going off on
me. I responded "I'm working guys on my other radio on CW now.  This will be the
last transmission for you, clown." That clown remark really got his goat and
brought out the true pig farmer in him, language and all. For the next 10
minutes I worked a handful of FL through him and on 40 CW as he went on slamming
LA and Southern California and my being an SOB, etc. and sending insults in CW.
It was really quite amusing given this was a casual contest operation on my
part.

73, Ken, K6LA