[3830] WPX CW 9M2/G4ZFE(@9M2RPN) SO(TS)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4zfe@g4zfe.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW 9M2/G4ZFE(@9M2RPN) SO(TS)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 19:38:35 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 9M2/G4ZFE
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: SO(TS)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  107
   20:  722
   15: 1221
   10:   90
------------

Club:

Comments:

Station:
Icom 756 Pro and IC-PW1 amplifier
Force 12 C3-S at 12m
40m inverted V at 12m

An enjoyable contest with some good runs on 20m. Sadly the peak 20m propagation
was in the early morning local time when I just wanted to sleep! I arrived back
in Kuala Lumpur Friday afternoon after 12 hours of flying and so WPX suffered.

Some amazingly loud signals on 20m. Also some amazingly bad signals. 20m was
just so packed with signals that I ended up spending a lot of time in the RTTY
section of 20m. I will repay my fellow RTTYers by operating more RTTY contests
this year than CW or SSB :-)

Both days of the contest suffered from torrential rain and lightning which put
the station off the air during the early morning (Eu time) 10m/15m openings. Of
course yesterday and today there has been no rain!

Lots of activity from Malaysia - 9M2/G3TMA, 9M2TO, 9M6A (ES2RR) and 9M8DX
(VK6DXI). Great to hear HS0AC back on the air and congratulations to Champ,
E21EIC for his Low Power result.

Thank you for the QSOs.

73 de Rich, 9M2/G4ZFE