[3830] WPX CW NE6N(N6RT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6rt@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NE6N(N6RT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 21:16:19 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NE6N
Operator(s): N6RT
Station: W6EEN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   32
   40:  413
   20: 1013
   15:  469
   10:   61
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Brutal conditions from W6, the worst I can remember in a long time.   NA 51%,
16% EU (only 2 on 40m and 7 on 15m), 22% Asia (only 60 on 15m).

I only operated about 30 hours.  I took an hour and a half off Saturday evening
to have a nice dinner with my hosts which included a few glasses of wine.  I had
already told myself that I would get some decent sleep on Saturday night and the
wine made it no turning back.  I did manage to get up and work JAs on 40m for an
hour at 2am and then went back to sleep until 6am.  I also took a bunch of one
hour naps on Sunday.  Sleep sounded better than hardcore SO2R for a measily 40Qs
per hour.

I love this contest and think it is possibly winnable from the west coast since
I have finished 2nd and 4th before.  But this is obviously only possible with
very good conditions.  I guess I'll have to wait another 5 or 6 years for a
decent shot.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and many thanks to my wonderful hosts Don &
Phyllis.

   73 de Doug, N6RT