[3830] WPX CW N6AA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae327@lafn.org
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N6AA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 06:58:59 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N6AA
Operator(s): N6AA
Station: N6AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    1
   80:   32
   40:  271
   20:  708
   15:  210
   10:   10
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Turned radio on to operate for a while. Conditions were quite poor. Worked only
one European and 13 JAs on 15 meters. Needed repeats on serial numbers many
times, even on 20 meters because of static crashes.

On Sunday morning I had had enough. Worked N6HR, and thought he might have also
been my first QSO in the contest. Checked and found that he was the third, so I
worked two more stations and stopped. This resulted in a log, somewhat balanced
around N6HR contacts, but unbelievably there seems to be no category to reward
such an achievement.

At one point I was dismayed to see zeros in my logging program's 160 meter
totals. Moved K6VVA from 80 to 160 for a quick QSO. Later I read a posting on
CQ-Contest that said, "If you are on 160 in the WPX, you are losing." Sure,
enough, it looks like we both lost.