[3830] WPX CW VQ5V(@VP5B) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VQ5V(@VP5B) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:10:55 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VQ5V
Operator(s): W5AO, K4RO
Station: VP5B

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Turks & Caicos
Operating Time (hrs): 46

------------
  160:    0
   80:   73
   40:  935
   20: 1886
   15: 1256
   10:   56
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Congratulations to the PS2T team on a great score.

My sincere thanks to W5AO and to Bud and Pat for
making another contesting dream come true. The VP5B
station is just simply awesome, and the local folks
are the best. This includes the local doctor and nurses,
whom I had opportunity to meet.  From now on, I will stay
away from motor-powered cycles on the morning of the contest
start, HI.  It was a tough one, but no pain no gain, eh?

It was just W5AO and myself on North Caicos Island for WPX CW.
Thanks to Dave for agreeing to use TR-Log for the first time.
He jumped right in and was using it like a pro.  Bud's station
worked beautifully.  Ten meters was worthless, and the summertime
QRN made 80m QSOs scarce. Wwe tried to make hay when possible on
40, 20 and 15 meters, concentrating on 40m & EU as much as possible.
My first CW DX contest as DX was both a tough personal challenge
and a great thrill.  There is nothing in the world like contesting.

Thanks Dave Bud and Pat,

73

-Kirk  K4RO