[3830] ARRL FD N8KD(N8IA) 2B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dave@n8ia.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N8KD(N8IA) 2B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:16:38 -0700

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Operating 2B from family farm just outside of Howell, MI. IC-735 was run station
exclusively on CW and FT-100 used to make SSB contacts. Antennas were 40m GP and
a G5RV up nearly 40 ft. Condx were good, I was preparing to move to 40m Saturday
evening, when I check the higher bands and 15, 10 and even 6 were open. I had no
antenna for 6 so I tuned up my 40m GP on 6 and made a few contacts there. I was
planning on just operating 80,40 & 20, but was glad to get in on some action on
15, 10 and 6. I then spent the evening on 20 until about 1am. The G5RV worked
well, I was able to call CQ and hold the freq. for several hours on 20, even had
Europeans coming back to my CQ's. After I ran 20 dry I looked at 40m for a abt
30 minutes but decided on moving down to 80 for the rest of the night. The WX
was VERY cool and dry, temp was only 48 degrees, I was waring 3 shirts and a
jacket, but at least the QRN levels were low which made 80 pretty quiet. I was
able to hear and work W6's and W7's with no problem. I finally got some sleep at
sunrise. I got up about 10am and finished the contest on 40 wirh a few contacts
on 20.

Overall it was a good contest made 775Q's and hit 3000 pts on the last
contact.

WX was cool and dry, about 72 during the day, but all the way down to 48
overnight. It could have been just a little bit warmer, but overll the WX was
nice for a change.

73

Dave - N8IA
Operating N8KD 2B MI