[3830] IARU DL6FBL(@DF0CG) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bernd.fd@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] IARU DL6FBL(@DF0CG) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:31:51 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: DL6FBL
Operator(s): DL6FBL
Station: DF0CG

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    20      7    18
   80:   128      2    38
   40:   301     32    46
   20:   627    883    83
   15:   477    417    68
   10:    88     68    42
---------------------------
Total:  1641   1409   295  Total Score = 3,050,595

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to the DF0CG crew for letting me use their fine station and putting
in their time before and after the contest.

2x Yaesu FT-1000MP + amp

160: Inverted Vee @ 15m
 80: Inverted Vee @ 25m
 40: 3-ele KLM @ 33m
 20: 5/5-Stack + 5-ele
 15: 5/5-Stack + 5-ele
 10: 5-ele

It took some time to arrange all the automatic switch boxes from my home
station, but in the end the station was fully automated: changing bands just by
pushing the button on the radio or in the (Writelog) software.

A constant stream of callers produced 22 clock hours of 100+ QSOs. Only two
hours with less than 100 QSOs (03z=92 QSOs, 04z=98 QSOs). Best clock hour was
19z with 190 QSOs sitting on 14.175 open to all continents.

 EU = 1553 QSOs (50.9%)
 NA = 1168 QSOs (38.3%)
 AS =  247 QSOs ( 8.1%)
 SA =   39 QSOs ( 1.3%)
 AF =   21 QSOs ( 0.7%)
 OC =   17 QSOs ( 0.6%)

I consequently forced myself to a SO2R strategy. I made 375 QSOs on the second
radio, of which 125 were multipliers. If I appeared a little absent or not
responsive when you called me on my running frequency, that's why: half of my
brains were "on the other band"... ;-)

When I did some analysis on the 2003 OR3T and HG6N logs (thanks!), I figured
that a good multiplier goal for a Single OP Mixed in Europe was something
between 330 and 350. I ended up with only 295 multipliers. Now I'm looking
forward to other competitive 3830 postings to find out if I did something wrong
and missed too many mults - or if there were simply fewer this year...

See you all in CQWW: SSB probably in a M/M team from Germany, CW Single OP from
9Y4ZC.

73 Ben
DL6FBL