[3830] IARU N5TW(KE5C) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke5c@hot.rr.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N5TW(KE5C) SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:08:48 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N5TW
Operator(s): KE5C
Station: N5TW

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   18     0       4
   80:   38     0       6
   40:  278     0      33
   20:  401     0      46
   15:  204     0      29
   10:   28     0      11
---------------------------
Total:  967     0     129  Total Score = 383,517

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks, of course, to Tom, N5TW, for generously sharing his superb station, most
of which was working - hi!  This was my third SO2R effort, and the first where I
actually felt pretty comfortable.  693 QSO's (72 percent) were on the (100 watt)
CQ radio, and 274 (28 percent) were on the search and pounce radio.  However,
several hours were spent sending "dueling CQ's" with each radio alternating a
CQ, so merely looking at the QSO's by radio doesn't show how helpful a second
radio is, especially at a low power station.  Thanks to everyone who patiently
worked me.  I had only one computer crash, and neither TenTec Orion had to be
rebooted during the contest.

http://www.kkn.net/~ke5c/so2r/04iaru.jpg