[3830] IARU N3BB SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N3BB SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 04:27:24 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    16    0       7
   80:    80    0      21
   40:   442    0      45
   20:   848    0      65
   15:   422    0      45
   10:    36    0      12
---------------------------
Total:  1844    0     194  Total Score = 1,215,216

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Congrats to N9RV, W4PA, and K5GN.  The 'RV numbers are simply amazing from
Indiana (or from anywhere).  Haven't seen W1WEF's and others yet.  I like K5ZD's
and N9RV's comments about this being such a good contest.  The 24 hour length is
sooooo nice and allows little room for error if one misses a band opening (like
I did on ten meters).

I worked the SO2R hard, and called CQ/ran stations almost all the time.  My
mano-a mano contest here in Zone 7 is with K5GN as we get similar conditions.
We can't compete with Zone 8 on EU mults (low bands) and points-per-QSO.  20
meters here is not the constant well of sweet EU water!  It's clear from GN's
mult numbers that I didn't find the HQ stations well.  Dave beat me again with
much better mults.  I finally matched Dave on QSOs, but missed the ten meter
opening to Europe.  Like the Dodgers of old, "wait 'till next year."

No JAs here on 15!  Bummer.

I'll try and write a long version of this in a day or two.