[3830] IARU K4ZW SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K4ZW SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:04:14 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4ZW
Operator(s): K4ZW
Station: K4ZW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    18    0
   80:    77    0
   40:   447    0
   20:   873    0
   15:   522    0
   10:    41    0
---------------------------
Total:  1978    0     229  Total Score = 1,745,667

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Congrats to N9RV and K3CR on some great numbers and thanks to K5ZD for limiting
his operating time to 16 hours or we would have certainly had another score well
in excess of 2 mil.
   All week leading up to the contest I was hemming and hawing over whether I
should operate mixed mode or CW.  Finally, about 10 minutes before the start I
opted for CW.  I was a little concerned that single mode might be too slow.  As
others have pointed out, the conditions were great and that never became an
issue.  Even the low bands were relatively quiet from here for this time of the
year.  I was stunned to work a handful of Europeans on 10 & 15 between 2:30 ?
3:30 AM local!  Other stations were heard during that period but it was stuff I
had already worked.  For some reason, my multiplier total is weak compared to
others with similar QSO totals.  Guess that?s something I have to pay closer
attention to next year.

73
Ken K4ZW