[3830] IARU VY2ZM(K1ZM) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K1ZM@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IARU VY2ZM(K1ZM) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:58:01 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): K1ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:    39    0      27
   80:   150    0      41
   40:   638    0      55
   20:   856    0      63
   15:   361    0      47
   10:    25    0      20
---------------------------
Total:  2069    0     253  Total Score = 2,118,875

Club:

Comments:

This was alot of fun despite having no A/C power here at the start of the
contest.  Two severe thunderstorms hit VY2 on Friday night - the second taking
out 200 transformers and 500 fuses all over the island!

I lost power at 12:42AM on Saturday morning - and while I was QRV and ready to
go at 12z, Maritime Electric was NOT.  I was groping around in the shack with a
flashlight wishing for a miracle as the clock struck 12z........

I debated packing it in but the power came on about 14z and I decided to give it
a go nonetheless - mainly to check out some new changes made recently to the
station.

Up this far North, it is clear to me that 15M suffered greatly - at times I
could not do anything but search on the second radio for loud HQ mults.  Try as
I might, there was just no rate on 15 to be had from here.

10M was pretty good into the HQ stations - until quite late here.  DA0HQ was
always the loudest of these - and I think I heard him as late as 04z on Sat
night.

Congrats to K3CR, K1TTT, W4PA and N9RV for some really FB scores - especially
Pat's effort from the "hole".  (Sometimes I think his antennas are really
located in Eastern Mass - because he really gets out from the Midwest!)

While I really enjoyed operating in this contest for 22 hours, it would have
been nice to have had those two hours back - Hi!

CU in the next one.

73 JEFF K1ZM/VY2ZM