[3830] IARU DD1IM SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dd1im@post.com
Subject: [3830] IARU DD1IM SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 02:01:03 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: DD1IM
Operator(s): DD1IM
Station: DD1IM

Class: SO CW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): few

  160:    0     0       0
   80:   40     0      19
   40:   61     0      32
   20:  183     0      39
   15:   74     0      28
   10:   32     0      16
---------------------------
Total:  390     0     134  Total Score = 136,680

Club:

Comments:

Hi all,

here is my log concerning the last IARU HF World Championship 2004 contest,
single op, low power, cw - in cabrillo format generated by the n1mm logger
v4.0.61. I declare having followed the contest rules - I've used an icom
ic-756pro2 with 70-90w rf out, a 3element zx-yagi mini beam for 20/15/10m 11mtrs
above gnd resp. a portable w3dzz (dk9sq model) 8 mtrs above gnd for 80/40m and a
kent tp-1 twin paddle.

CW only - what else? Though I am still a novice with shortwave/contesting&cw (as
a german class C means CEPT class 2 licensee, i.e. without official telegraphy
examination - tnx WRC03), it has been a great pleasure for me working in this
famous contest for the 1st time. Only for a few hours, but almost 400 qsos -
it's motivating! Unfortunately my call has been a really "handicap" - the prefix
"DD" is still not popular enough in cw - abt 70 percent requests concerning my
call - many stns gave me "DL" or "DK" prefix and sometimes seemed logging not
correct in spite of my many, many repetitions - pse look for DL1IM or
DK1IM-qsos... it should be DD1IM's. I'm sorry, but those "problem qsos" are big
"time-consumers" - both for my qso-partners and me. But, I won't give up and try
to be more active in cw-contests as I have time enough and - hey - it has been a
great contest with great hams (thank you all for the contacts). And nw I will
thank you for all services, your work and for the contest itself, hpe
participate agn... so long.

Agn mni tnx, vy 73/55, gl, cuagn es cwfe de Sascha DD1IM (member of DARC, DOK
K27)