[3830] NAQP RTTY AA5AU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY AA5AU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:12:54 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:   90    33
   40:  212    49
   20:  194    50
   15:  142    42
   10:   47    21
-------------------
Total:  685   195  Total Score = 133,575

Club:

Team: SWACC

Comments:

Great contest.  10 meters was open to the midwest and east coast but nothing to
the west.  15 to the west was a great disappointment but 20 & 40 were good.  80
was noisy but I've heard it noisier.

Biggest surprise was having VY1JA call me on 40.  I knew he would be in the
contest because I worked him the night before and he said he would be there.
Kept checking 20 for him and found him there.  I knew there had to be at least
one HI station, so kept jumping to 20 from 80 on the half hour and found
KH6GMP.

Did not work any AK, DE, ND, NL, NS, PE, MB, SK or NU stations.  Heard VE4YU
once on 20 and fished for him but didn't get him.

This is the most QSO's I've had in any NAQP, but condx weren't good enough to
muster the mults needed to break my personal best.

Used the IC-775DSP throttled back to 100 watts.  It's the first major contest
for that radio here and it performed extremely well.  The only thing I didn't
like is having to manually reset the RIT (the Kenwood resets with %O in the QRZ
buffer or using the * key).

The new shack layout was very comfortable and made for a fun contest.  Thanks to
all for the QSO's.

73, Don AA5AU