[3830] NAQP CW AA5AU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AA5AU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:24:45 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

  160:    3     2
   80:   32    17
   40:   85    38
   20:  105    35
   15:   68    32
   10:   27    16
-------------------
Total:  320   140  Total Score = 44,800

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Knowing I had only limited time to operate because of a wedding I had to attend,
I took the opportunity to beta-test the new microHAM USB micro KEYER that was
received earlier this week from Jozef, OM7ZZ.

I am happy to report that it worked extremely well on my very old HP Pavilion
200 Mhz Pentium I PC.  I was able to key CW and do radio control on my Kenwood
TS-870 with WriteLog using a single USB connection to the computer.

I had literally pulled it out of the box that morning and had it up and running
in no time.  I also tested it on FSK and found it works great on RTTY too!

I will be testing the keyer on my Icom IC-775DSP soon using a Pentium 4 PC.  But
I am very pleased with the results so far.  Very nice unit that you will be
hearing about soon.  I will be using it in SARTG RTTY in two weeks.

The contest was fun for the short time I spent.  Must have been lots of LA
stations because only two stations ask me to QSY to a new band.  Biggest
surprise was having VY1JA call me on 40 meters.

73, Don AA5AU