[3830] NAQP CW K5KG/7(@W7CT) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5KG@ARRL.NET, FCG@KKN.NET,w7ct@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K5KG/7(@W7CT) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:00:40 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K5KG/7
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: W7CT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: UT
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    9     5
   80:   74    35
   40:  237    48
   20:  231    46
   15:   27    10
   10:    7     3
-------------------
Total:  585   147  Total Score = 85,995

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: Team OJ #1

Comments:

Jim, W7CT, graciously opened his station for us for this one. We used our own
Pro2 and laptop and his antennas: 2el 40 @ 70', Log @ 60', 10 & 15 monobanders
and wires on 80 & 160.

When the contest started, condx were pretty marginal.  Managed a few Q's on 15
and 10, but 20 was the main band until later into the afternoon.  Went to 15 and
10 frequently during the afternoon, but pickins were slim.  W6EEN was a beacon!
The FCG boys have since reported that 10 was open, but CQing there yielded very
little from out here.  Had a good run of 50 q's on 40 in the afternoon some 2
hours before sunset, including one notorious FL OJ'er. [Speaking of OJ, we
worked 17 of them - a nice tribute to our fallen comrade.]  During and after
sunset, condx picked up considerably and, by the end, 40 and 80 were cooking
nicely.  160 was marginal due to summertime QRN.

A fun time was had by all!

73, George, K5KG/7