[3830] NAQP SSB N2IC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N2IC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 06:45:31 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    5     3
   80:   81    26
   40:  237    47
   20:  662    56
   15:   22     7
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1007   139  Total Score = 139,000

Club:

Team: GM Rockies #2

Comments:

I now remember why I have skipped this contest for at least the past 10 years !

The low QSO numbers on 10, 15 and 160 weren't for lack of effort on those bands.
Missed my own state on all bands except 15, where I worked a non-contesting
local who didn't understand the concept of QSY'ing for my new mult !

I'm still learning about domestic contests from SW New Mexico.  The early
afternoon is rough on 20 - only the TX, CA and KS stations are loud.  It feels
like I'm on the outside, listening in (I bet there are others who can relate to
that !). By 21Z, the absorption has decreased and 20 plays more like it used to
from Colorado.  40 is a fine band once it gets dark, except that the EU SWBC
stations are rockcrushingly loud from down here at latitude 32 degrees - more so
than they were from Colorado at latitude 40.  I now have a much greater
appreciation for how 80 and 160 sound from W6 in the summertime.  Those bands
sound like I have left the planet - most signals are down 10-20 dB compared to
the old QTH, and the QRN is just as bad.

Congrats to K0DU and K4XS (and others who haven't reported in yet) for their
excellent scores.

73,
Steve, N2IC