[3830] SCC RTTY AA5AU SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SCC RTTY AA5AU SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:50:40 -0700
                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:    0    0     0
   40:   50  123    32
   20:  121  301    53
   15:   19   53    16
   10:    0    0     0
------------------------
Total:  190  477   101  Total Score = 48,177

Club:

Comments:

Poor propagation, poor participation & a lack of interest on my part made this
one a hard one to operate.  I think condx were actually better this weekend than
during SARTG, but there seemed to be very low participation.  It's hard to have
back-to-back RTTY contests.

The main objective of the test was to test microHAM USB micro KEYER under high
power conditions.  Although I did use the B station occasionally, nearly all
contacts were done on the A station with the IC-775DSP and IC-PW1 running at a
KW with the micro KEYER.  Before the contest, I placed a #77 ferrite toroid on
the USB line from the keyer to the PC right at the input of the PC.  I'm happy
to report I did not lose the USB connect at any time and the micro KEYER
performed flawlessly.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts.  Looking forward to CQWW RTTY.

73, Don AA5AU