[3830] IOTA ZL3TE SO12CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3SE@xtra.co.nz
Subject: [3830] IOTA ZL3TE SO12CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:25:45 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: ZL3TE
Operator(s): ZL3TE
Station: ZL3TE

Class: SO12CW LP
QTH: OC036
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   80:
   40:
   20:   50       9
   15:    0
   10:
Total:   50       9       0        0  Total Score = 5,346

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

After 8 Hours operating from OC201,Waiheke Is, and only making 10 Q's, decided
to pack it in, do a little sight seeing on the island.  The OC201 spot was
offeered 3 days before the contest, sight unseen I accepted.  BOY. little did I
know it was in th ebottom of a BIG bowl with a great view SOUTH.  Given band
CONDX and the 100W to my ATAS-100, made things dificult.

Decided to head back and operate from home,OC036.  With 2 hours left managed to
log 50 Q's and a much better score.  100W and the R8 with a bit of elevation
made all the difference. I look at it this way, I had a chance to operate from
TWO IOTA, kind of a Rover if you will.

Thanks for the Q's.

Wes W3SE/ZL3TE