[3830] Rus RTTY HG4I SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus RTTY HG4I SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:08:17 -0700
                    Russian RTTY WW Contest

Call: HG4I
Operator(s): HG4I
Station: HG4I

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   80:   56   300    33
   40:  143   905    59
   20:  230  1705    75
   15:  110   905    44
   10:    7    35     6
-------------------------
Total:  546  3850   216  Total Score = 831,600

Club: HA DX CLUB

Comments:

Well, I lost too many multipliers.... To cath any multipliers I changed many
times band and called without PA (with only 60-75 Watts). To try to compense my
poor signals I turned some times my both TH7DXXs to same direction: it needed
cca. 20-40 seconds.... This way I lost again time....
The 80 and 40 m bands had high noice level. Between 7010-7050 MHz "violated" the
splettering from broadcast stations (crossmodulation?) - it was very hard to
copy any stations. In a short "clear time" I heard the surprice: clear copy the
poor, but excellent signals of VK6HD (thanks!).
On 20 m from 02z I was waiting for LP VK/ZL/OC and "exactly as a train" came
ZL2AMI... The best my multiplier: R1ANF (with 70W, after 3 minutes calling
period).
>From here the 15 m band opening was poor, indeed. I passed South American
multipliers. But YB5BO produced extremly big sigs continously from morning to
early evening (local time).
I'm glad for any 10 m QSOs.

Thanks for all QSOs, 73!
Tibor