[3830] NA Sprint CW WB0O HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WB0O HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:07:00 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: WB0O
Operator(s): WB0O
Station: WB0O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: N DAKOTA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   84
   40:  117
   20:  111
---------------------

Club:

Team:

Comments:

It sure was great to be back at my ND station!! My wife and I split up exactly
a year ago, and because of our job situations she got the alfalfa farm (with
5 towers) in North Dakota and I got our second home in a gated, no-antenna
golf course development in Arizona. I missed all of last contest season, but
the contest bug came back and I confirmed the diagnosis by having a good time
in the August NAQP from the Univ of AZ station K7UAZ. My ex moved away over
the summer and sold the farm/station back to me. Some friends moved in to
watch
things for me, but Saturday morning was the first time the radios had been
turned on in 18 monthes.
Amazingly, everything worked except the 80M 4 square, which always seemed to
break down every 5-6 monthes anyway. I spent an hour trying to fix it but
finally just loaded the SE vertical by itself, who knows what interaction was
going on. There was no aurora and it was a lot of fun. Didn't bother with any
SO2R, I had enough trouble remembering the antenna splitting combinations and
how to use NA for one radio. I did remember 36-38 wpm CW however!
I plan to come back to ND for the CWSS and Feb CWSPRINT. Several people asked
about the guest op opportunities, but I think it would be difficult without
me present. I am always on the lookout for a seat at a MS or MM near Tucson.
73

Bill WB0O in Tucson, AZ
wb0o at yahoo.com