[3830] NA Sprint SSB K4AF(K9QQ/4) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K4AF(K9QQ/4) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:36:17 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K4AF
Operator(s): K9QQ/4
Station: K4AF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  38       16
   40:  25        5
   20:  31       13
---------------------
Total:  94     Mults = 34  Total Score = 3,196

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC No. 1

Comments:

First time Sprinting ... what a humbling experience.
The G5RV just wasn't doing it on 20 and 40.  Picked up the trick
for tail-ending pretty fast, but all I could hear and work
on 20 was west coast and VA/MD.  40 wasn't much better. Did much
better on both bands once they thinned out.  Finally, on 80
people seemed to hear me well enough to get into the rhythm of the
Sprint, but didn't move there until last 50 minutes.

"Flyboy" was odd, but fun.  Hey, Air Force guy using the Air Force
club station at the Pentagon.  What else would you use?

P.S.  Found out Monday after contest that storm on Friday had snapped off the
pole supporting the G5RV ... not sure exactly what shape it was in during the
contest, but it couldn't have been good.