[3830] CQ WW RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cfmorris@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:56:50 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KI5XP
Operator(s): KI5XP
Station: W5WMU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Lafayette, La
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

   80:  167   215       45      16    12
   40:  468   929       47      66    27
   20:  689  1426       50      77    29
   15:  575  1459       35      76    26
   10:   36    79       12      12    11
Total: 1935  4108      189     247   105  Total Score = 2,222,428

Club: Cajun Contest Club

Comments:

Poof, what a weekend.

I've never been so sleep deprived in my life!  Barely made it to work on Monday
and just now getting to where Im able to sit in front of the radio and take the
time to fill this stuff out and email the logs.

Lots of highlights, Antartica on 80M, Reunion, Isle of Man, S. Shetland, Zambia,
what a great DX weekend.  At times I was like a hunting dog in training.  I knew
that I was working the contest, but the lure of the DX was too great (like the
lure of that rabbit or whatever crosses his path) to the point where I had to
back away and work others instead of fighting the pileups.  Sure its a Mult, but
it'll be there for a while, gotta get some more and not waste time.

Speaking of time, I have horrible management of it.  My 4 hours of sleep couldnt
have come at a worse time, Sat morn from 7:00am to 11:00am, big no no, but I was
seriously burnt.  Woke up at 11:00 and hit the street running never looking back
till Sunday night.. and lemme tell ya, its lonely on Saturday Night/Sunday
morning.  I think its the first time I've ever heard 80 go from closed to open
back to closed, nothing, nada, nil.

Great contest, thanks for the Q's, see yall in the next one.

73
Charlie