[3830] CaQP KX7M/6 Cnty Exped LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radio@kx7m.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP KX7M/6 Cnty Exped LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:06:57 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: KX7M/6
Operator(s): KX7M
Station: KX7M/6

Class: Cnty Exped LP
QTH: Plumas
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    9      4
   80:  105     52
   40:  142      6
   20:  316    190
   15:  234    184
   10:  126    100
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

Equipment: TS-570S; SpiderBeam 10/15/20; 2el 40/80 INV-V wire beam

Many similarities to my last year's LP effort (missed ND and HI), but this time
I got to almost 1500 Q's. Well, I planned to use amp, but 30L refused to work on
Friday. I think I will continue my LP efforts in CQP. It may not be the best
County Expedition score, but it much easier from logistical point of view, and
fun if there are other LP entries. Some 55 EU's (35 on 15m), few SA + AS, and
ZS6 responding to CQ are signs of a well chosen QTH and working antennas, when
they could hear my 100W.

Thompson Peak (8000' asl) provided a beautiful 360 deg. view and room for
SpiderBeam and 2el wire beam for 40/80 (thanks to Al, AD6E's FD design). Due to
some dark clouds and T-storm warnings I was unable to adjust antennas well, so I
tuned 80m CW to SSB band and for 160m. The same T-storm returned on Saturday
afternoon, and I had to stop operating for 2 hours.

This was another fun effort, but there are many things I can improve for the
next time.

Denny