[3830] NA Sprint RTTY W6YX(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY W6YX(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 18:51:26 -0700
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   19
   40:   16
   20:   82
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 1

Comments:

I thought it would be more challenging to operate the RTTY Sprint as QRP, so I
turned the Yaesu FT-1000mps down to 5 watts using the menu settings and
wattmeter.  I had a good start on 20m, making 80 contacts in the first two
hours! Even worked 5U7B and TF3KX while QRP. Then when I went to 40m I found the
40m yagi was not working and I spent the next hour trying to figure out why (I
want it to be working for CQ WW and SS). I finally gave up and made a few
contacts on the old, low 40m inverted vee, and then moved up to 80m to finish.