[3830] Oceania SSB VK6DXI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania SSB VK6DXI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:03:56 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone

Call: VK6DXI
Operator(s): VK6DXI
Station: VK6DXI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Perth
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    3     3
   80:   18    13
   40:  178   141
   20:  383   242
   15:  566   265
   10:   38    23
-------------------
Total: 1186   687  Total Score = 1,895,433

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Last minute participation. My business trip was delayed.

I had a scare in last hour of the contest. I use a trusted Writelog and never
had a problem with it. This time, in the last hour of a contest, very tired
without any sleep, instead of pressing ALT-W to delete last entry, I have
pressed something else  and I do not know what.
To my horror, all the logged QSO?s diseappered. Log looked like a white piece of
paper.
For a moment my heart stopped.
Then I tried to load a saved log and (being tired) I pressed ?save? icon instead
of ?open file?.
Here I was sure, that even with a back up saved, I have just ruined it and saved
empty log. Double error and a great misfortune.

Well, I was not cursing, hard to believe, but I was too tired for it. I just
thought well it was a great practise and felt sorry for the guys trying to
confirm ?first country on this band? or ?first zone on that band???

I closed the program, waited a second  and started a Writelog again. I opened up
last contest file?and all the QSO;s WERE THERE.
That was my happiest moment of this contest !

Till next year.