[3830] Oceania SSB VI6175WA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania SSB VI6175WA M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:43:01 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone

Call: VI6175WA
Operator(s): ALL VK6CY NU APK ZIC YEL HTW HZ FJA JIP EH TRA TT
Station: VI6175WA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MURESK
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    1     1
   80:   40    22
   40:   49    33
   20:  362   217
   15:  327   156
   10:   31    22
-------------------
Total:  810   451  Total Score = 800,074

Club:

Comments:

The Northern Corridor Radio Group again travelled to Muresk about 50 Miles east
from Perth. We were using the special callsign VI6175WA  to celebrate 175 years
of the foundation of the state of Western Australia. We were down about 200
contacts from last year mostly due to a very slow first 3 hours. This was most
likely due to working the special callsign right up to 15 minutes before the
start of the contest. Believe me this was not a contest callsign and we gained
no advantage by having it, very slow going at times trying to get it all
accross. We went to have fun and activate the VI6175WA call and take part in the
contest also. Lots of red meat and VB (Australian Beer)was consumed and a most
enjoyable weekend was had by all by involved. We are looking at this as an
annual event so hopefully again next year with a shorther callsign.

If anyone wants a VI6175WA qsl send a card to VK6NE direct or via the bureau.

73 John VK6NU for VI6175WA Northern Corridor Radio Group (usual call VK6ANC)