[3830] CQWW SSB NR3X(N4YDU) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ydu@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NR3X(N4YDU) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:13:52 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NR3X
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: K4QPL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:   17     5        8
   80:   41    10       15
   40:   63    32       12
   20:  305    23       88
   15:  300    23       91
   10:  477    25       95
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Jim, K4QPL, for allowing me to use his station at the last
minute. His new shack in his located in his new garage is really nice. The
antennas played very well, and the hospitality was second to none. It seemed
like every time I looked up Jim was walking up the steps with a fresh meal for
me. You can't beat that!

The plan is to be there for the CW contest as well. Conditions were great from
here. I hope to be a little more focused for the CW test. (Time to take out
stock in Red Bull :-))

Station:

The best part was the homemade voice remote. It was the guts of an old beta VCR.
Who says beta is outdated?

The remote controlled AC, small fridge, and pull-out mattress were all sweet!
What a weekend.

Two Kenwood 850s
TH7 at 75 feet for 10/15/20
80M inverted vee
40M rotary dipole and 2 element wire beam fixed west.
160M inverted vee