[3830] CQWW SSB VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:37:11 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:    2     2        2
   20:   28    10       12
   15:   89    16       33
   10:   48    10       14
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

* FT920 @ 100W
* 3-el tribander CL33 @45'
* Wires for 40/80
* N1MM Logger

The numbers will tell you I'm just not a phone op -- but activity lured me on
for a few hours between kids' hockey games and other family-type commitments.

The tribander is set for CW/RTTY so power was reduced with higher SWR. Wasn't
strong anywhere up high in the bands, even discounting the low power. I was,
however, surprised at the stations I was able to work on 10M on Sunday -- good
ears out there.

Spent a while Friday evening installing the new InRad filter mod board
(400/250hz) in the FT920. Much improved radio and I can't wait to see how it
works in CW and RTTY congestion. Didn't have a chance to try out a new pair of
80M delta loops (cut for 3.550) hauled into the air a week ago.

Had fun when the radio and antennas were playing together. Looking forward to a
less-marginal effort from here in WAE RTTY, SS CW and CQWW CW tests.

Thanks for the contacts.

73, Bud VA7ST