[3830] CQWW SSB 9Y4ZC M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frank@grossmann.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 9Y4ZC M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:34:36 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 9Y4ZC
Operator(s): DK1MM,DL2CC
Station: 9Y4ZC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Tobago/Zone 9
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   44     7       19
   80:  301    18       69
   40:  696    22       95
   20: 1664    39      149
   15: 2139    34      128
   10: 2610    31      133
------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

We were hoping for a bigger score and better and longer runs. We often felt our
signal wasn't as strong as it should be, trying to work multipliers with our
multiplier station with about 450 watts on 80 and 100 watts on 160m wasn't
easy.

It seems like the days when a good Kilowatt at the running station was more than
enough for keeping a frequency perfectly clear are over, even from zone 9.

The house is terrific, lots of space and a very reliable mains supply due to the
new generator. Even the moskitos are gone so we could keep the windows open day
and night.

Thanks to our host Andy 9Y4ZC for letting us use his equipment and giving us
lots of support before the contest (and a remark by DL2CC: especially for
showing me the nicest bars on the island!).

Off we are to another week of vacation on the island of Tobago.

73
Stefan DK1MM
Frank DL2CC