[3830] CQWW SSB M6T(G4PIQ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB M6T(G4PIQ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:37:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G4PIQ
Station: G4MRS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JO02PB
Operating Time (hrs): 42.75
Radios: SO2R

  160:   83     5       38
   80:  607    13       60
   40:  569    26       85
   20:  849    35      101
   15: 1357    35      111
   10: 1040    34      103
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig : 2 x FT1000MP + PAs.
Ant :
160m - Inv-L, top @ 28m first night, leaky dummy load thereafter (long story,
but burnt through and backup antenna also broken)
80m - Delta Loop @ 23m
40m - 402CD @ 24m
HF - KT34A @ 30m + TH5 @ 24m + A3 @ 26m

140m Beverage to NW

Far better conditions than we could ever have hoped for given the position in
the sunspot cycle. From here, 10m only really opened to the bottom right corner
of the US on the Saturday, but on the Sunday, after a patchy start we got a much
more complete opening with even the odd zone 3 thrown in! Not much in the way of
short path JA heard on 15 from here though and didn't catch zone 1 on any band.

Operating time 42.75 hours, but no sleep before contest and 20 minutes during -
All down to domestic crisis, dead PC PSU mid event and a load of time wasted
fiddling with antennas and failing to fix anything when I should have been
making Qs....

Great fun as ever though. See you all from 5U5Z in CW.

So far - congratulations to LY2FY @ LY4A for a great score - especialy mults -
so far & I think we'll see some more big numbers to come.

Andy