[3830] CQWW SSB K5NA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5na@texas.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K5NA M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 07:42:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA K5DU KI5DR N5ZC K6NR KG5U
Station: K5NA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:   25    10       24
   80:   82    19       49
   40:  236    29      105
   20:  471    40      148
   15: 1129    38      143
   10:  769    34      135
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

What a great contesting weekend. Conditions were so good that Susan (K5DU) and I
(K5NA) both operated more than we expected to. We had the usual core team of
KI5DR (Scott) and N5ZC (Rich) over and Dana (K6NR) flew in from CA to give us a
hand. On Sunday morning KG5U (Dale)was a welcome sight arriving to help us
finish out the contest. For the most part, this operating team has been together
many times now and we have a very smooth operating relationship with each
other.

The running to Europe and Japan certainly exceeded our expectation. The general
conditions for a contesting weekend was just superb. The station worked with no
major failures and the software (Writelog) worked well showing some nice
improvements from last year.

Even the predicted rain held off until after the contest.

All in all, an enjoyable weekend.

73, Richard - K5NA