[3830] CQWW SSB KB1H M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb1h@myeastern.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KB1H M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:35:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H N1XS K1EBY KB1DFB NB1U KM1X AA1CE N4XR W1TJL N1GKI KA1MM KE1LI
Station: KB1H

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 46.7

  160:  143    10       33
   80:  312    21       81
   40:  328    28      102
   20: 1531    39      158
   15: 1312    40      142
   10: 1196    32      136
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Our best SSB effort in this contest but noticed everyone did probably their
best. It looked like we lost ground!

We lost a FT-1000 hours before the contest so had to scramble to get a
replacement in line for the start.

New operator N1GKI was on 20 Meters when we made DXCC on that band in just 9
hours.

Poor N1XS! Travels 2000 miles by train and I stick him on 40 meters to start the
contest. Punishment or reward?

KE1LI shows up early Sunday morning but he can't operate until he makes everyone
breakfast. Luckily I have 32 chickens that supply the eggs!

As always we spent too much time watching the packet window and when a run
frequency got too tough to keep the guys seemed to go back to the old ways of
dxing. Very bad habit!

Still handicapped on 40 Meters with antennas but working on improving this
situation. Hopefully things will be right for CW weekend.

Like most everyone, we really don't enjoy this mode and we promised ourselves
things will be better on CW.

Thanks for all the QSOs and looking forward to CQWW CW

Dick - KB1H