[3830] CQWW SSB KF9YR SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, george.skoubis@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KF9YR SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:01:32 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KF9YR
Operator(s): KF9YR
Station: KF9YR

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:
   40:   90    18       49
   20:  232    30       98
   15:  256    31      103
   10:  252    26       94
------------------------------
Total:  830   105      344  Total Score = 1,040,333

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Great High Band conditions from Wisconsin. I need to put up something better for
40 and simply get an antenna for 80/160 next year.

This was my first CQWW with my TenTec Orion and it performed wonderfully.  No
glitches, restarts, or problems.  Similarly the 3 element SteppIR and Writelog
performed without a glitch as well.

I did have a problem with the Writelog sound card voice keyer having feedback on
15 meters.  I had to unplug the soundcard output and not use the voice keyer on
15.  I was getting some interaction from the 40 meter dipole.  I had just put it
up earlier in the week and tested the voice keyer on 40 meters but hadn't
retested on the other bands as they've been working fine for months... This was
totally my fault and I'll have to test on all bands after introducing a change
in the future.

The highlight(s) of the contest for me were the pipeline conditions to Africa
from here.  I worked some of the "hard" ones on 10, 15, and 20.

Thanks to all of you who compete in this contest and to those of you who dug my
signal out.

73 de George / KF9YR