[3830] CQWW SSB A61AJ(S53R) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, s53r@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB A61AJ(S53R) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 04:17:54 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: A61AJ
Operator(s): S53R
Station: A61AJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dubai
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  112     9       50
   80:  506    27       87
   40:  661    29      102
   20: 1466    37      129
   15: 1454    37      131
   10: 3105    36      125
------------------------------

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Firstly I'd like to thank Ali, A61AJ, for letting me use his super station yet
again. Sure was a fun weekend.
It all started about a month ago when I saw that nobody was coming to join for
the MM or M2 effort. I've decided to do SOAB, but the right way this time ? with
2 radios and full SO2R switching. A61AJ is a full blown MM setup, so for getting
all installed on one desk I had to extend all the rotor and antenna switching
cables. And boy it was worth doing it. Can only smile now when I remember my
first A61AJ SOAB in 2001 CQWWCW, when I had to jump all around the schack to
move multipliers.

For SO2R audio switching I used one great piece of equipment ? the ZS4TX's
SCKII, which is a CW keyer, voice keyer and a full SO2R audio switching device.
A real gem! It made multiplier passing a piece of a cake, almost removing the
need for multiplier search (well the A6 prefix also helps a lot!!). However I
did bother just about everyone to move for me and - guys thank you all for doing
so!

All in all I'm very happy with the score. My plans were in the vicinity of 12M
points to be safe in breaking the Asian SOAB record, but due to the unexpectedly
good (if not great) conditions the score is a bit higher, which comes as an
icing on the cake.

73 Robert, S53R