[3830] CQWW SSB VE2IM(@VE2CSI/VE2IM) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE2IM(@VE2CSI/VE2IM) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:54:18 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE2IM
Operator(s): VE2QIP  VE2XAA  VE3FWA  VE3DZ
Station: VE2CSI/VE2IM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Sept-Iles
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:  142     7       10
   80:  627    17       73
   40:  525    19       86
   20: 1964    38      134
   15: 2272    32      135
   10:  872    28      119
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Great conditions!
Nice to beat some "more serious" stations having limited hardware.

Had few minor equipment failures during the contest. Experienced a couple of
short (5 to 10 min.) flares on Saturday resulted in sudden disappearing of
pile-ups and (then) almost all stations on the band.
Lost at least 50% of multipliers heard (They did not hear us).
Still no serious antenna for 40 m.
Our Zone 2 "newbie" Serge VE2QIP (UV3QIP) did a great job preparing antennas for
multiplier station and some of the equipment. He was also of a great help
searching for new multipliers. We trust he's got a "CQ WW bug"... :-)
Outstanding job was also done by another Zone 2 rookie - Ed, VE3FWA (RA2FZ). He
prepared all computer hardware, networking and software, which worked flawlessly
(we still have to learn a lot of N1MM's LOG features). Also he was great at the
run station, looks like RW2F team lost its valuable member. :-)
Special thank you go to Alex VE2XAA (UX3UA) who made last minutes changes to his
business schedule to be able to fill in for #4 in our team. His technical
expertise and help at the multiplier station were invaluable.
Two of us made a 3000+ km drive, the other two - 2000 km drive.
Ed and myself arrived home at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday after 1500 km non-stop drive.
This is definitely not a Carribean vacation tour. :-))
Hope we'll fix a video about this trip soon.

Run station: FT1000MP + MLA2500B(1kW). Ant: Mosley CL37 @ 55', Dipoles for 160,
80 and 40 m @50'

Mult. station: FT1000MP + SB220(800 W). Ant: TA33 @ 30', AP8A and R7 on the
ground.

Back-up: FT1000MP field, FT767GX, SB200.
We also had some back-up antennas which we did not install.

Thanks to Rodrigue, VE2NN and VE2CSI club for letting us use their premises.

73,  Yuri  VE3DZ / VE2IM
(celebrating 30 years in contesting and 6th year in Zone 2)