[3830] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4gg@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 05:47:53 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  324
   40:  281
   20:  372
   15:   61
   10:   40
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Made the decision to jump in at the last possible second and as a result did not
have the computer set up properly.  Fought with it all weekend - my apologies
for the delays.. F key response was really slow.
The low dipoles here are fine for this contest but trouble in 20M pileups.  Kept
the second radio on VY1JA for an hour Sat evening and could not break through.
Fortunately I found Jay later on 40, which went long very early as expected. The
evening money band was 80.  Went to bed at 08Z needing PAC, and found good 'ol
Les, KL7J at Sunday sunrise on 40.  Good thing - could not break the KH7X pileup
on 20 at the end. Was able to hold a 30 rate through the flare so I stuck with
it.  The aurora at the end made for some interesting Qs.

2X FT1000MP+Inrad, ACOM 2000A/Alpha 99, Writelog, HB SO2R
88 ft sloping doublet, center at 35 feet
40/20 inverted vee at 35 feet