[3830] SS CW K5PTC(N1LN) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5PTC(N1LN) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:06:36 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5PTC
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  155
   40:  319
   20:  156
   15:  190
   10:   14
------------

Club: Pesky Texan Contesters

Comments:

This was my first ARRL SS to participate in and it was lots of fun.
It was also the first serious attempt at SO2R, other than a couple
of state QSO parites.  Do I have lots to learn.   If there was something
to do wrong I think I successfully found how to do it.   I won't go
into the list because of the quantity of items, but for those that
have tried it - I am sure you know many of them.  Also, it did impact
my rate some due to split ear audio.  To help that I have already installed
the DX Doubler mod from the Sept/Oct National Contest Journal.  That should
help next time with a quick foot switch action to get the weaker signals to be
heard in both ears.

Couple comments about others that I think are running SO2R.   I lost
my CQ frequency many times when sending / receiving the exchange on the
S/P radio.  I was not happy about it but I did QSY to another CQ
frequency every time if my CQ frequency was occupied.  I think that would be
good for a few others to try on occasion.  If you are not on that frequency
when another station moves in - it is not YOUR frequency any longer to return
to no matter how long you "ONCE" were on it. I won't mention any calls - but I
am sure you know who you are.  This is a competition, but that is just plain
rude.

And finally, it was nice to get the sweep w/o using the cluster.  My last
two sections came Sunday morning.  I got back on the air about 10:30Z
and by 11:30Z had them both.  Thanks to KH6NF for PAC and W9IK for MS.

73,
Bruce - N1LN
(K5PTC - Pesky Texan Contesters)