[3830] SS CW N2GA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ga@aol.com (George Tranos N2GA)
Subject: [3830] SS CW N2GA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:46:11 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N2GA
Operator(s): N2GA
Station: N2GA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NLI
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:   76
   40:   37
   20:  429
   15:   64
   10:
------------

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of NY

Comments:

It was a real radio weekend for me.  I helped out on Saturday with a special
event station for the 65th anniversary of the Coast Guard Auxiliary.  We
operated at Coast Guard Station Jones Beach (Long Island, NY) and ended our K2G
operation just as sweepstakes was beginning. I was already worn out from 8 hours
operating and mentoring there.  After taking down all the antennas and then
putting all the gear away, I had to reinstall the radio at my station before
starting sweepstakes!

So with all that, I managed a meager 14 hours on the air and 606 Q's.  I missed
6 sections - MT, NE, Alberta, NWT, PAC and AK.  Never heard any of them but I
spent most of my time on 20 meters.  Conditions seemed very variable - sometimes
good and sometimes bad.  It was fun anyway!  It was nice to hear all the
activity and many stations this year had much higher serial numbers!  So
congratulations to all the great CW ops out there!

Hope to hear you all again on SS SSB in a couple of weeks.

Regards, George