[3830] SS CW N4PN SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4PN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4PN SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:55:04 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  220
   40:  283
   20:  207
   15:  154
   10:   79
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Started on 20m but when I checked 10m and it was open just couldn't
resist. Just never could get a rate going on 10m but stayed anyway.
High SWR on 80/40m A/D dipole and couldn't find anything wrong in the
shack so went outside in my shorts to see if I could find anything.
When I switched on the light out back, the coax was hanging over the
side of the house on the deck. The rf had melted the plastic insulator
on the end of the antenna going to a tree. All I could do was tie the
end off at the tree trunk making the 80/40 antenna a great height
off the ground of 10'...!

The condx were all ok from this part of the world until everyone went
under water on Sunday afternoon. Just glad this didn't occur last week-
end while I was at 9A1A....

Saw where quite a few were needing KH6 but for some strange reason I
worked a gang of KH6's with two calling me back-to-back on Sunday after-
noon on 10m. VY1JA calling me early on Saturday evening made the sweep
easy again this year...thanks J.

Lots of fun contest coming up between now and Christmas time...see ya
and have fun.

73, Paul, N4PN