[3830] SS CW N5OT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N5OT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:55:37 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5OT
Operator(s): N5OT
Station: N5OT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 24:00

------------
  160:    0
   80:  181
   40:  452
   20:  524
   15:   82
   10:    1
------------

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Got off the line well, but botched the bandchanges when 20 and 40 went long, and
consequently got to 80 too late.

Then another ill-fated choice: I had 1.5 hours to scrub off with 4.5 hours to
go.  Thinking I would just run out the clock and quit, I glanced at last year's
rate sheet, and saw that my rate went up last year at the end of the contest, so
I decided to sleep now for an hour and a half and wake up to the last 3 hours.
Boy was that a bummer - I unwittingly doomed myself to 3 solid hours of Aurora
with no off time left.

All 5s are not created equal, here in Oklahoma there are definitely no meters
like 20 meters.  15 sucked and my only QSO on 10 was VI for the sweep.  Thanks
J. for coming through again.

New radios here (a pair of IC746PROs ending the 21 year reign of Kenwoods), so
starting over with my CW weighting and all that.  If anyone has any constructive
comments about my weighting or attacks and decays they would be welcome.