[3830] WAE RTTY F6IRF(@F6HYE) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f6irf@free.fr
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY F6IRF(@F6HYE) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:30:17 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6HYE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN36
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   80:  169   169     0   4*38
   40:  308   358    50   3*65
   20:  260   510   250   2*76
   15:  166   536   370   2*63
   10:   42    92    50   2*18
-------------------------------
Total:  945  1665   720    661  Total Score = 1,110,565

Club: CDXC

Comments:

KT34@21m 2EL40@22m DIP80@20m
SO1R: IC756pro2/hb amp/MMTTY/N1MM 4.0.169

One of my preferred contest if not my preferred. Score only slighty better than
last year despite better station. Terrible meteo conditions with high winds
generating high level of power lines QRN... several power cuts (fortunately
without PC or log damage).
Propagation as bad as meteo conditions: NWRA SSNe (based on ionosonds data) 25
to 40 for the weekend.
80m: high level of static discharges on top of PL QRN - only 5-W / 1VE
40m: band closed to states second part of night - only 39-W despite beam
20m: closed early to W - low level of signs / high PL noise level - only 9-JA
15m: very bad to JA (only 2 wkd) - poor to W / high level of PL noise
10m: a few openings to AS and eastern EU on top of usual AF/SA TEP's
N1MM-logger worked OK for QTC traffic but several of the usual nice features of
the software did not work with this version... Tom and his team still have work
on the bench !
The QRO-tech PA failed before contest start... fortunately reliable homebrew
equipment was there...
Without 40 and so poor 80, I took more rest than expected... Thanks to Betty and
Patrick for the good food and wine - though adverse contions, it has been a nice
weekend !
Thanks to DARC for organizing, to all for the QSO's and sorry for the few
stations I could not copy due to high noise level.
Patrick